M.L.S.F is a free multicultural themed festival that focuses purely on Latin America’s environmental, economic and social issues that impact Australia and the world.
MLSF 2014 will be focused on Brazil and the Amazon. Some of the topics that we will address include:
Global warming and climate change due to the deforestation of the Amazon
The 2014 Soccer World Cup
These topics will be presented to the audience by using arts, exhibitions, music and parades.
We will showcase Melbourne’s rich and diverse Latin culture through:
• Entertainment: Circus style roving performances - Brazilian inspired.
Artists performing live, multiple parades of Latin music styles, such as Salsa, Cumbias, Samba, Capoeira and Batucada.
Live bands and DJs performing throughout the entire event.
Outdoor dance classes.
• Kids Area: A specialised area only for kids with different attractions and children’s activities.
• Take-Away Foods: Vendors providing a wide range of street foods predominantly focused on Latin cuisines from Chile, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina and Brazilian inspired dishes all available in one area.
• Bar/Pub Culture: A fully licensed site with bar serving different alcoholic options.
• Handcrafts: Local manufacturers and importers displaying a selection of Latin American hand crafted products.
MLSF 2014 when and where:
February 1st 2014, at Federation Square (River Terrace) and Birrarung Marr lower terrace (next to Fed. Square along the Yarra river).
February 2nd 2014, at Birrarung Marr (Lower terrace)
In the lead-up to the festival and during the period of the 29th to the 31st of January 2014, Casablanca Events will provide a range of activities in different Latin selected restaurants.
With over 43,000 patrons assisting last year the festival is forecasted to grow and expand over the coming years and achieve great success and recognition within Melbourne’s greater community. The planners envisage the expansion of this event.
We recommend you arrive by using either public transport, by foot or bicycle.
Remember to bring your sunscreen and a hat as we are expecting a hot day.
We will have water available at the stalls, so please remember to stay hydrated.
There are plenty of open areas including a grassy hill on the north side of Birrarung Marr and green areas along the banks of the Yarra River….so bring a rug to sit down and relax!
Remember to dispose of your waste appropriately in the bins provided. We are encouraging an environmentally friendly event.
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.