Phone: +61 2 9908 4344

Fax: +61 2 9953 8863

Amenities: Box Office, Wheelchair Access, Toilets, Food Available

Suitable for Ages: Families

The historic Hayden Orpheum Picture Palace is a six cinema complex located in Cremorne on Sydney's lower North Shore. The Orpheum opened in October, 1935 with seating for 1,700 people on two levels and offered a standard of comfort which was second-to-none, a tradition which continues to this day.

The stalls were removed in 1984, which confined the theatre to its normal dress circle. In 1987, the Orpheum was restored by entrepreneur Mike Walsh O.B.E, and reopened in December 1987 as the Hayden Orpheum Picture Palace.

John Love created the Orpheum project with Bill and Avgoulla Hendrickson. This included the creative concept for the original auditorium and the five new cinemas in addition to the ancillary areas. The restoration of the old light fittings, as well as the planning of all new ceiling and wall light creations,interior and exterior doors, were manufactured by Bill and Avgoulla Hendrickson.

Are you responsible for Hayden Orpheum Cremorne? Claim it

Advertise with Eventfinda