871 George St, Sydney, Sydney CBD, Sydney
Our new location is right smack in the heart of Sydney – corner of George and Harris streets (871 George street) at the Agincourt Hotel, and has a 4am license!!!
In our new 3 level venue:
- See your favourite artist in the best intimate space in Sydney: True (literally) underground basement performance area, with it’s own bar, signature Valve sound and lighting systems and absolutely wicked atmosphere. And the room has direct access to a covered smokers’ alley/laneway. Entry via cover charge collection point/merchandise stand. 150 pax capacity. Layout means it looks great even w/ 50 spectators.
- Ground floor Lounge/Classic Public Bar level, easily accommodates 200 pax, with smokers’ balcony, and space for DJ booth and stage for our bigger events (festivals and major dance events).
- First floor Lounge equipped with its own expansive bar, lounge area with couches, smokers’ veranda that fits 70, permanent DJ podium/ makeshift secondary stage, and absolutely wicked sound and lighting systems.
All levels are equipped with our projection set up: main/basement stage performance is projected in real time to screens on ground and first floors, enabling all spectators viewing of live performance at anytime. The system still runs through DVD recorder – enabling instant recordings of sets, as always.
We’re so excited that we were able to secure this great location that will help all bands, promoters, organisers to get bigger & better turnouts, promote shows and events at nearby TAFE and Uni’s, offer attendees easy access to public transport from all parts of Sydney, be in close proximity to other food/nightlife for before or after the show, and FINALLY give us the ability to have proper late parties across 3 levels w/ a 4am license.
All the signature Valve booking conditions remain intact:
- Venue Hire – FREE
- Sound/Lighting/Projection systems – FREE
- Sound Engineering – FREE
- Cover Charge/Ticket Sales/Door Charge – COLLECTED and KEPT by Organisers ENTIRELY! No cuts taken by the venue!
The only charge will be an APRA fee of 71 cents per ticket sold, paid to and receipted at the end of the night by the venue, and distributed by APRA to all registered artists.
Are you responsible for Valve Bar? Claim it
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.