Additional fees may apply
The Women's Leadership Symposium creates a setting for accomplished and aspiring women leaders to reflect on their own journeys and explore leadership, life and career development. Through exposure to state-of-the-art leadership thinking over two incredible days, delegates will come away from the event better equipped and empowered for the road ahead.
Addressing issues of leadership and career, the Symposium is an important chance to stay abreast of current Australian and international leadership trends. Engaging subject matter boosts participant leadership capacity while informative case studies and keynote addresses enhance the experience by examining key issues pertaining to the ongoing development of Australia's female leaders. The first day includes a panel discussion on how best to advance female representation in professional and community roles as well as a vibrant development session to support delegates in navigating the responsibilities and opportunities that leadership brings. On the second day, there will be a panel discussion focusing on inclusive leadership and how best to incorporate diversity across the workplace.
The Symposium offers an unsurpassed forum for delegates to grow their networks far beyond their industries and local communities and to develop lasting relationships with like-minded women. Effectively leveraging the bountiful networking opportunities can be daunting, so the event is geared to provide engaging ways to meet other women such as business card swaps, seating movements, group activities and structured networking sessions.
...And be inspired!
This prestigious event showcases some of Australia's most outstanding leaders from a diverse range of fields including media, sport, defence, real estate, law and software. The Queensland Winner of the 2017 Australian Award for Excellence in Women's Leadership will be announced at the Symposium in honour of their contributions to the advancement of gender equality in Queensland.
The phenomenal speaker line-up includes:
- Annabel Crabb – Chief Online Political Writer, ABC
- Liz Ellis AM – Broadcaster and former Captain, Sydney Swifts and Australian Netball Team
- Brigadier Georgeina Whelan AM, CSC and Bar
- Catherine Fox – Journalist, Author and Presenter
- Sadhana Smiles – Chief Executive Officer, Harcourts Group Victoria
- Belinda Brosnan – Managing Director, HR Junction
- Nicolette Maury – Managing Director, Intuit
- Petra Sprekos – General Manager – Lifestyle, Leisure and Industry, carsales.com
- Kelly McIntyre – Barrister-at-law and Nationally Accredited Mediator
- Dr Terrance Fitzsimmons – Lecturer & Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, University of Queensland Business School
Brisbane Powerhouse, New Farm, Queensland
Thu 15 Jun 7:30pm
InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, Melbourne CBD, Victoria
Mon 22 May 8:30am – more dates
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.