Olympic Boulevard, Sydney Olympic Park, Sydney
Located in the town centre, Cathy Freeman Park is a classic urban park with its broad level expanses of soft grass, huge shady trees and easy access to all park facilities. This Park features a covered playground, toilets and handy parking, plus the stunning Olympic Cauldron, now a unique water feature. It’s open every day of the year, sunrise to sunset.
Things to do at Cathy Freeman Park
- Enjoy a picnic on the grassy expanses with the famous ANZ Stadium as backdrop
- Splash about under the cascading water from the Olympic Cauldron
- Walk, run or cycle along the shared pathways
- Take your dog for a walk (on-leash at all times in this Park)
- Visit neaby cafes, resturants and bars
- Play outdoor chess with the oversized chess set
- Relax on a shaded park bench to ponder the extraordinary artworks within the Park: the homage to our female Olympians in the ‘Eight Women’ sculpture and the ‘Attractor’ ladder of noble human endeavours
- Try to match the gold medal winning strides of Cathy Freeman along the lights that mark her 400m race steps of ‘The Stride’
- Take the kids to one of the Kids in the Park fun activities held here every school holidays
- Get comfy with a cushion for free movies under the stars at Movies by the Boulevard in January
- Feel the bike community buzz at the annual Festival of Cycling in October
Are you responsible for Cathy Freeman Park? Claim it
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.