Map showing Albany Baptist Church

Phone: (08) 9841 8699

Baptist mission services began on Sunday 7th February 1904 in a rented hall in Aberdeen Street and on 28th February 1904 the Albany Baptist Mission was founded. The work grew and on 22/10/1905, twenty five baptised believers from thirteen families formed the Albany Baptist Church.

On Sunday 8th April 1906 the church moved into a donated iron building which had been moved from Elleker to a newly acquired block of land near to the Oddfellows Hall. Two leadlight windows had been set high in the centre of the front and rear walls. The church continued to grow in numbers and in 1908 a brick facade was added to the iron building to bring it to street frontage. This building was long familiar to Albany's residents as the Baptist Church.

In 1983 the church acquired land off North Road and made plans to build the current larger building which was opened in 1988.

Are you responsible for Albany Baptist Church? Claim it